If you're looking for a new way to make music, you should consider a tongue drum. This instrument is becoming more and more popular, and there are a lot of great accessories you can get to go with it. In this blog post, we will discuss seven tongue drum accessories that you need to have!
1. Carry bag - tongue drums can be quite large and heavy, making it difficult to transport them without a carry bag. Look for one that is sturdy and has enough room for not only the tongue drum but also any mallets or accessories you might have.
2. Mallets - while you can technically make music with your hands, using mallets will give you a fuller sound and allow for more complex rhythms. Look for mallets with different materials on the end, such as wood or rubber, to add variety to your playing.
3. Tuning tool - tongue drums can go out of tune over time, so having a tuning tool on hand is essential. This will help ensure that your instrument always sounds its best.
4. Metronome - keep time with a metronome while practicing or performing with your tongue drum. This will also help improve your rhythm skills and make sure that you are staying in sync with any other instruments or musicians you might be playing with.
5. Sheet music holder - playing from sheet music can add another level to your tongue drum playing, and a sheet music holder will make it easier to read the notes while playing.
6. Recording device - having a way to record yourself playing can be helpful for practice purposes and also allows you to share your tongue drum skills with others. Look for a recording device that has good sound quality and is easy to use.